Microsoft announced its financial results for the last quarter, which ended at the end of last June, with a growth that exceeded expectations of 21%, and financial results for the full year ending in the same period, with a growth of 18%, with revenues of 168.1 billion dollars.
The company’s revenues rose to $46.2 billion in the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2021, an increase of 21% over the same period last year. This was accompanied by an increase in the value of the operating income by 42% to reach $19.1 billion, and the net income, which reached $16.5 billion.
This growth in the company’s revenues comes after the distinguished results it achieved in various sectors, as it witnessed a decline only in Xbox services and sales of Service devices, compared to the increase in the remaining sectors.
Revenues for computing and hardware services increased to 9%, through an increase in advertising revenue of 737 million, an increase of 46%, and the gaming sector grew by 11%, thanks to Xbox sales, which doubled to 172% despite the decline in Xbox services revenue.
Microsoft also achieved revenue growth on LinkedIn by 46%, and growth in Office commercial and consumer sales by 20% and 18%, respectively.
On the other hand, the company’s revenues during the past year amounted to $168.1 billion, an increase of 18%. This growth contributed to its operating income of $69.9 billion, an increase of 32%, and net income of $61.3 billion, an increase of 38%.
Microsoft’s most important numbers in the fourth quarter of 2021:
- Revenues of $46.2 billion, a growth of 21% compared to the same period last year.
- Operating income of $19.1 billion, a growth of 42%.
- Net income of $16.5 billion, a growth of 47%.
- Services and business reached $14.7 billion, with a growth of 25%.
- Cloud services increased to 17.4 billion dollars, a growth of 30%.
- Computing and Xbox services amounted to $14.1 billion, a growth of 9%.
- Xbox sales growth of 172%.
Microsoft’s most important numbers for the whole year 2021:
- Revenues reached 168.1 billion dollars, an increase of 18%.
- Operating income reached $69.9 billion, a growth of 32%.
- Net income reached $61.3 billion, a growth of 38%.