Google revealed the Android operating system 12 at its annual I / O conference, which comes with its beta version available to the public and will be available for download to Pixel phone users and some other companies’ phones.
Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, Realme, Nokia, Tecno, TCL, Sharp, OnePlus, Asus, and ZTE will accelerate to provide this version on their phones for those wishing to try it, in addition to its availability on Google phones itself.
As usual, the operating system carried design changes, this time with the new Material You design from Google after the Material Design that was used over the past years.
With the new design, the appearance of the system has changed a lot through the method of displaying icons, options, or the top menu and side options.
Google aims to enhance the protection of users with the Android version 12 by providing options to control the use of applications for the geographical location, and by showing a notification in the top menu in case any application uses the camera or microphone in the background or without the user’s consent to that.
Some other advantages of Android 12
- The Power button will open the Google Assistant when you press and hold, in a similar way to Samsung’s Bixby Assistant on Galaxy phones.
- Change indicators for applications’ access to microphone and camera permissions.
- Option to turn off the camera and microphone sensor directly from the Quick Settings panel.
- New privacy dashboard with a modern design.
- Switching the option to open Google Pay and Google Home services from the power button to the Quick Settings panel.
Google had talked about major improvements to the Android Auto system through the latest version, and said it is working with car companies to convert smartphones that support its system to serve as a virtual key for modern BMW cars and others, as well as share the virtual key with others.
It is noteworthy that the availability of the trial version varies from company to company and the nature of the phone used and whether it supports the update or not.
It is also expected that other features will arrive with Android 12 in conjunction with the launch of the final version in the second half of the year.