The Twitter platform announced its financial results for the second quarter of 2021, achieving revenues of 1.19 billion dollars, exceeding the expectations of the company and analysts in the last period with 1.07 billion dollars. It achieved a growth of 74% compared to the same period in 2020.
Twitter’s financial figures came in the second quarter of 2021 thanks to the number of users reaching 206 million active daily users.
And for its reliance on advertising as a primary source of income, the value of advertising revenue was $1.05 billion out of the total revenue value of $1.19 billion. This value represents an 87% growth in advertising revenue compared to the same period last year. Revenues from the United States amounted to 653 million dollars, a growth of 79% over last year, while the value of revenues from outside the United States reached 537 million dollars, an increase of 69%.
Other income from benefits such as account verification, paid and others amounted to $137 million, a growth of 13% over last year.
Twitter financial numbers during the second quarter of 2021
- The number of daily active users grew to 206 million, compared to 199 million in the first quarter and 186 million in the second quarter of 2020.
- Global users reach 169 million daily active users, and 37 million users within the United States.
- The company’s revenue reached 1.19 billion dollars.
- Advertising revenue grew 87% and reached $1.05 billion.
- The value of revenue from within the United States is 653 million dollars, a growth of 79%.
- Revenue from outside the United States is $537 million, a growth of 69%.
- The value of non-advertising revenue amounted to $137 million, a growth of 13% over the second quarter of last year.
- Net income reached $66 million during the second quarter of 2021.
Twitter expects revenue for the third quarter of 2021 to reach between $1.22 billion and $1.3 billion, and it expects the operating loss margin to be between zero and $50 million.
It is noteworthy that Snapchat achieved record results during the last quarter and surpassed Twitter in terms of the number of users, reaching 293 million active daily users.